Qui Tam Whistleblower Protection
The Employment Law Group® law firm: Our Experience Delivers Results
The Employment Law Group® law firm is experienced in protecting the rights of employees and providing legal support for employees who speak out about fraud in the workplace.
We have won millions for our whistleblower clients. We have also successfully fought to protect whistleblowers' careers from retaliation after coming forward with their claims.
Do you think you have a Qui Tam case? Contact us today for a thorough evaluation from experienced whistleblower lawyers.
CONTACT US 24/7
Is your employer engaging in any of these fraudulent practices undermining the U.S. government and the taxpayers?
The Employment Law Group ® law firm has:
- Represented a client whose allegations that corporations defrauded the federal government resulted in a $57.75 Million False Claims Act settlement agreement.
- Obtained a $819,000 jury verdict in a whistleblower retaliation case in behalf of a scientist whose contract wasn't renewed after he raised questions about possible misuse of federal research grants.
A Qui Tam Action Is...
Any action brought by a person against a government contractor that the individual suspects, or knows, is committing an act of fraud against the U.S. government. The qui tam provision of the Federal False Claims Act (FCA), allows individual citizens to file fraud charges, and bring suit, in the name of the U.S. government, against government contractors and others who receive government funds. The qui tam provision allows the person pursuing the action to share in any money recovered. Such recovery can range from 15 to 30% of the government's total recovery. The FCA also prohibits an employer from retaliating against employees who report what they reasonably believe to constitute fraud.
The Employment Law Group ® law firm attorneys are recognized leaders in the field of qui tam litigation. Our attorneys are frequently published and routinely invited to participate as presenters and panelists on whistleblower law topics:
- "Qui Tam Cases - How Do You Handle Them," The American Association for Justice, National Webinar, New York, N.Y., July 13, 2011.
- "Qui Tam Cases," Maryland Association for Justice, Columbia, Maryland, April 22, 2010.
- "Representing Whistleblowers Under The False Claim Act," National Employment Lawyers Association Annual Convention, New Orleans, LA, July 2, 2011.
- FLSA and Qui Tam Law," Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, April 11, 2008.
Whether you have knowledge of fraud that your employer is committing against the federal government that you want to report or whether you have already reported such behavior and are now seeking protection from retaliation, The Employment Law Group ® is here to help.
For example, The Employment Law Group ® law firm achieved a favorable decision in Glynn v. EDO Corp . for an employee who suffered retaliation because he opposed the fraud his employer committed against the government that he believed would endanger the lives of U.S. troops in Iraq. Additionally, in Mann v. Heckler & Koch Defense, Inc., The Employment Law Group ® law firm succeeded in protecting the job of a worker who experienced retaliation because he investigated and raised concerns about his employer's potentially fraudulent bid to sell weapons to the U.S. Secret Service.
When you need a qui tam lawyer, call The Employment Law Group ® law firm to schedule a consultation with us and, together, we'll decide how to make the cheating stop and what your next move should be.